RefWorks makes a connection between your database and Word. This allows you to easily quote and make a bibliography in your report or thesis.
|Warning: don't change from RefWorks version within one and the same document. This may lead to problems.|
This is often a single action per workstation.
- close Word
- go to Startmenu on your desktop
- click All Programs
- click Installations
- click Write-N-Cite Installatie & update - the program starts installing
- start Word - You will now see a RefWorks tab
- select the RefWorks tab
- click Log in
- fill in your Login (your Avans email) and the password that you use for RefWorks
For example, this applies to your own laptop or PC.
- go to RefWorks: https://refworks.proquest.com/
- go to
- go to Tools
- go to Cite in Word and Download and Install
In the pop-up that appears you'll see on the right the download files. Depending on your system, download one of these files.
For Windows you can choose from two different files: for Word 32 bits or 64 bits.
What you need depends on the version you have installed on your computer or laptop. Download the appropriate file and install it on your computer or laptop.
- How do you discover what your version is?
Choose MicroSoft Word - File - Help.
Right of the window you see the bit version.
- After installation go to Word
You will see a ProQuest tab. Select it, and log in with your RefWorks Username and Password.
- If you do not have a RefWorks tab after installation:
In Word go to File - Options - Add-Ins
Select Write-N-Cite or ProQuest for Word in this window and click start.
Then you will see the RefWorks tab.
- If you don't see ProQuest for Word in Add-Ins:
Select from the pulldown menu at the bottom: Disabled Items - Start - ProQuest - Activate - OK
- If you do not have a ProQuest tab in Word:
quit Word and restart or:
go to All programs - Install - Install Oracle Java: you will have to install the newest version of Oracle Java.
Questions or problems?
For questions about the Write-N-Cite installation, contact us via email@example.com. Please mention your academy and/or training in the subject line of your email.