Managing references with RefWorks
RefWorks is a web application that allows you to easily store, manage and reuse references. For example for a study, report or thesis paper.
Because RefWorks is web based, you have access everywhere. The use is free for faculty, staff and students of Avans University of Applied Sciences.
- collecting and organizing references, eg from Xplora databases, Kaluga and Google Scholar
- including full-text articles or other documents in your reference collection
- collecting websites with RefGrab-it
- inserting references in text as you write, with Write-N-Cite
- creating a bibliography in a Word document
- applying common citation styles, such as APA, Harvard or Vancouver
- sharing references
- co-operating with a joint account
- viewing the full-text link to the article
To create a RefWorks account:
- go to http://www.refworks.com
- log in. You are now in the Avans area
- click Sign up for a new account
- enter your details and choose a password
- click Next
- enter your details
- click Create Account
You now have direct access. Through your email you will receive a confirmation.
For questions and comments about RefWorks, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your academy and/or training in the subject line of your email.